Previous Up Next
Today I balanced the right elevator. Since it's hanging on the hinges I figured that it would be a good time to do that. The lead weight was way too heavy so I ended up removing a bunch. I frankly could not believe how much material I had to remove to get the thing in balance.
There we go... perfect! People say that it'll be wrong again once the elevator is painted. We'll see...
I also had to cut a clearance for the elevator horn. I actually should have done this while I was building the horizontal stabilizer.
That did it. clears just fine.
This is really cool. I could sit and move this thing up and down for hours. Here's forward stick
Back stick.