Today I got the rudder understructure painted. I hurried home from work and had to get it painted before I went to choir practice. When I got home I found it was more complicated than that. Liz told me that since she was going out with her girlfriend at 6:00 I had to pick up the kids at 5:45. Good Grief! I had just mixed up a batch of primer and now this.
The AKZO primer that I use needs to sit for 30 minutes after you mix it so it can do its chemical thing. That gave me about 5 minutes to spray, go and get the kids, come back, turn the parts over, spray them then choir practice.
Here they are, all ready for the first run.
|OK, Now they're painted, time to go and get the kids. I'll be right back.|
|OK, Back again. The parts are dry enough to touch. I usually tell that
by touching the screen. So I turn them over and shoot them again. I',
getting pretty good at estimating how much paint I'll need and this time I
made what I thought would be a little extra. Turned out to be just that.
Here they are again, all painted on the other side.
|It was starting to get a little bit cold again, so I carefully brought
the parts back into the shop. I'm not sure, but I don't think epoxy likes
curing in cold weather.
So here they are, all back downstairs, sitting on 3 nails each.